Careers @ Ascerta
Here at Ascerta, we understand that our people are paramount to our success.
In line with our recruitment policy, we will always offer genuine career opportunities for those looking for progression.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities through recruitment and training, and we proactively support our staff in their individual professional development.
If you think you have the right qualifications, skills and aptitude, and think that you could make a positive contribution to our team, send your CV to us and if any suitable vacancies arise, we’ll get in touch.
See our current vacancies below:
Send your CV
- Creating quality & innovative designs for a wide range of client projects;
- Establishing general landscape requirements with clients;
- Conducting preliminary studies of sites & assessing a site’s potential to meet the client’s specifications;
- Carrying out environmental impact assessments, landscape character assessments & LVIA projects;
- Seeking and taking into account the views of local residents, potential users, and parties with a vested interest in the project;
- Interpreting planning policy as it relates to landscape;
- Accurately preparing and presenting detailed plans and working drawings, written reports, applications, construction details and specifications for the project;
- Presenting proposals to clients, dealing with enquiries and negotiating any amendments to final design;
- Contacting and coordinating manufacturers and suppliers;
- Putting work out to tender, selecting a contractor and project managing implementation;
- Ensuring deadlines are met;
- Liaising with other professionals on the project and integrating key stakeholder requirements into the landscape design;
- Monitoring and checking work on-site including site visits;
- Generating new business opportunities by fostering close working relationships with client teams and establishing relationships with potential new clients by attending networking events as may be required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD / Keyscape / Adobe / QGIS software
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Be capable of working under pressure and to client deadlines
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts quickly and concisely, using hand drawn sketches where appropriate
- Have excellent project management skills
- Have the ability to interpret client briefs accurately
- Have a dynamic approach to projects leading with design flair and a grasp of the achievable
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude towards client aspirations
- Have excellent time management
- Have experience in customer service
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor of Arts degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Chartered status with a number of years post-chartered experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
To apply to this position please submit your CV.
· Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD / Adobe suite software / and Microsoft Office;
· Ability to accurately produce conceptual design layouts, planting plans, sections, construction details, specifications and reports;
· Able to carry out work based on a client’s brief and comments from the client or other colleagues;
· Creating quality & innovative designs;
· Ability to contact and coordinate with clients, design team consultants, contractors and suppliers;
· Ability to assist on site with preliminary studies of sites or site visits for LVIAs;
· Ability to learn how to produce fee quotes for potential new projects;
· Ensuring deadlines are met;
· Ability to work in a professional and courteous manner within an office environment and on site;
· Have excellent listening and communication skills;
· Be capable of working under pressure and to deadlines;
· Have a ‘can do’ attitude towards client aspirations; and
· Have excellent time management.
· Proficiency in Keyscape / Sketchup / Arc GIS / QGIS software would be beneficial;
· Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts quickly and concisely, using hand drawn sketches where appropriate;
· Have excellent project management skills and have a grasp of the achievable;
· Have excellent attention to detail; and
· Have experience in customer service.
Completed or nearing completion of a Masters or Postgraduate degree in Landscape Architecture.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
If interested, please submit your C.V. and a portfolio of work.