We have an opportunity for a qualified and experienced Chartered Landscape Architect to join our small and friendly team, working on a range of projects across the country. For the right candidate, we offer an excellent salary package and benefits that will grow as the business expands and as your role develops within the organisation.
- Creating quality & innovative designs for a wide range of client projects;
- Establishing general landscape requirements with clients;
- Conducting preliminary studies of sites & assessing a site’s potential to meet the client’s specifications;
- Carrying out environmental impact assessments, landscape character assessments & LVIA projects;
- Seeking and taking into account the views of local residents, potential users, and parties with a vested interest in the project;
- Interpreting planning policy as it relates to landscape;
- Accurately preparing and presenting detailed plans and working drawings, written reports, applications, construction details and specifications for the project;
- Presenting proposals to clients, dealing with enquiries and negotiating any amendments to final design;
- Contacting and coordinating manufacturers and suppliers;
- Putting work out to tender, selecting a contractor and project managing implementation;
- Ensuring deadlines are met;
- Liaising with other professionals on the project and integrating key stakeholder requirements into the landscape design;
- Monitoring and checking work on-site including site visits;
- Generating new business opportunities by fostering close working relationships with client teams and establishing relationships with potential new clients by attending networking events as may be required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD / Keyscape / Adobe / QGIS software
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Be capable of working under pressure and to client deadlines
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts quickly and concisely, using hand drawn sketches where appropriate
- Have excellent project management skills
- Have the ability to interpret client briefs accurately
- Have a dynamic approach to projects leading with design flair and a grasp of the achievable
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude towards client aspirations
- Have excellent time management
- Have experience in customer service
Minimum qualification: Bachelor of Arts degree in Landscape Architecture.
Chartered status with a number of years post-chartered experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
To apply to this position please submit your CV.